Saturday, May 17, 2008

Upcoming Conferences

Hi! Well, I've decided to go for it! I've signed up to attend the national conference of the Romance Writers of America in San Francisco, July 28-August 2 (http://www.rwanational.org/cs/conferences_and_eventsThe conference will be held at the San Francisco Marriott Hotel. I hope to participate in a book signing for literacy event during the conference. My plans are still tentative, but I'm hoping they will come to fruition. For all you fantasy fans out there, here's some trendy info: my author-friend Sandy Lender will speak at ConQuesT39 next weekend, which is Memorial Day weekend. Please sign up now if you are interested. In addition to participating in panels, Sandy will read from her first novel Choices Meant for Gods Sunday at 11:30 and will sign books Saturday at 4:30. Here is what Sandy says about the conference: "If you've ever been to a ConQuesT convention before, you know there's loads of fun fan activities from art viewing to seminars on your favorite sci-fi shows to opps to meet the guests to a masquerade (on Saturday night) to improv story-telling to sessions on creative writing. The special media guests this year are Jeff East from Young Clark Kent and Ellen Muth from Dead Like Me. Check out the ConQuest site at http://www.kcsciencefiction.org/conquest/contactus.html or visit Sandy Lender's blog at http://www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com/ to get more information. But do it fast! Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner." From Sandy Lender, Fantasy Author of Choices Meant for Gods Available now http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595071652 Coming soon, the intense sequel, Choices Meant for Kings So there you have it! I wish I could attend, Sandy. Thanks for sharing. Good luck at the conference. By the way, you can check out Sandy's book on my Shelfari shelf to the right of this column. See you all next week. Warm regards, Tina

2 comments:

Sandy Lender said...

Hey, Tina!
The Romance Writers of America should be a blast! Think of all the networking you'll be able to do. And you will run into avid readers everywhere you turn. Make sure you take about 5 million flyers, 10 million bookmarks, and 10 dozen pens. (Slight exaggerations, of course.) Bwuahahaha. Seriously, readers who chat with us authors on the Author Island all-day chats have told us that their fave promo items to receive are bookmarks and pens. They eat 'em up! (And there's an Author Island all-day chat again tomorrow - Tuesday) if you're interested in chattin' with us.

Thanks for mentioning the ConQuesT39 convention! It should be a blast. I've got some friends from St. Louis planning a carpool over to K.C. to attend. And then, you know, I lived in K.C. for 13+ years so I'm trying to get the word out to groups of friends there that I'll be in town. The short notice is making it difficult...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tina Murray said...

Hey, Sandy! Thanks for your comment! I have to cut this short time-wise, however. I'll be back later to answer you in more depth.

Tina